At St Mary’s we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children.
If you have a safeguarding concern about a child, please speak to our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Ali Benson in the first instance or any of our Deputy DSL’s (DDSL) by calling the school number or emailing email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com.
Alternatively, if you are concerned about a child in East Sussex, please call the Single Point of Advice (SPOA) on 01323 464222
Our safeguarding team are:
Ali Benson - Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Anandi Dimon - Deputy DSL
Steve Sarsons - Deputy DSL
Paul Murphy - Deputy DSL
Children at St Mary’s School use the Internet on a regular basis as part of their learning. In school, we have regular 'e-safety' activities to remind children of the importance of keeping themselves safe online. Please see further information below.
If used well, the internet is a safe, fun and informative place. However caution is needed because the internet can also be a dangerous place. It’s a place where fraud can happen, for example, a place where people can pretend to be someone they’re not in order to trick other people (including children), or a place where people can stumble on something they would rather not see.
On our website, we have provided details of lots of online resources to support your child’s learning.
We understand that technology has developed at such a pace that it feels like children understand more about it than parents do. This can put children in a vulnerable position, so it is important that as adults we do everything we can to educate and protect them. Luckily, there are organisations to help, such as the NSPCC and CEOP. They provide guidance on how to approach e-safety with your children and advice on how to make your home e-safe.
To help your children to stay safe online, you might wish to visit these websites:
Online safety resources
- CEOP https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
- BBC WebWise - BBC website that provides useful information for parents on parental controls.
- Vodafone Parents - Vodafone have lots of fantastic practical advice for parents.
- Internet Safety Zone - Look in the 'Under 13s' section for useful safety advice and information.
- Kidsmart - An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know IT All - lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet.
- Bullying UK - Information and advice about bullying for children, parents and schools.
- Kidscape - An organisation which helps to prevent bullying and child abuse.
- Childline - ChildLine is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK.