New driveway gate
In an effort to improve the security on our large rural site, we have had a new gate installed on our drive.
This will be closed and locked for the majority of the school day. This is, among other things
- to ensure pupil and staff safety during transition and non-contact times
- to prevent large vehicles accessing the playground
- to prevent pupils accessing car park and the road hazards immediately beyond our boundary
- to better manage vehicular access, including taxis during the school day
- to act as a deterrent for absconding
- to prevent intruder access
- to further improve the management of visitor access including contractors.
As a result of this, any visitor or delivery needing access to the school must first call reception on 01435 812278. This number is also displayed on a sign on the gate (a temporary sign is displayed whilst we await delivery of our weatherproof signage). A member of staff will then meet you and unlock the gate to escort you onto the school site.
Parents and visitors should use the allocated visitor parking and not drive up to school for the safety of our school community.
In an effort to further improve standards in teaching and learning we have been working collaboratively with all members of the community in devising our new ‘St Mary’s Standards’ policy. Attached is an example of the posters which are now displayed across the school. Please can you take the time to go through these expectations with your child so that we are all able to provide the learners with a consistent approach in helping them manage their behaviour. It will also allow us all to become familiar with the subtle changes in language relating to the tiered support structure. Further information and guidance in relation to our behaviour policy can also be found on our website.
I am extremely confident that this fresh approach, curriculum changes and new pastoral system will further improve the positive learning experience for all our pupils.