Statement of Purpose
Our shared purpose is of a trust that aims to place an equal emphasis on the educational, social and psychological development of all pupils.
It aims to create a positive climate with high aspirations and high standards of education and care in order that pupils feel safe and secure and reach their full potential. The key to the success of the schools within our trust is a shared core ethos running through each of them, developed by highly experienced leaders and skilled staff at all levels. The strength of the relationships between the staff, pupils, parent and carers is of paramount importance.
The trust draws primarily from East Sussex Local Authority but also offers places to local and neighbouring Local Education Authorities. It currently provides education to over 400 pupils.
The trust comprises of:
- Cuckmere House School (SEMH 5-16 yrs) day places and a nurture group
- Lansdowne School (Education within Secure Children’s Home)
- College Central (Alternative Provision 5 – 16 yrs)
- New Horizons School (SEMH 5 –16yrs) day places and a nurture group
- St Mary’s School (SEMH 10- 16 yrs) day places
- The Workplace (AP Free School currently Years 10 and 11 (KS3 Sept 21)
The work of school staff transforms pupils’ attitudes to learning. Pupils participate very well in lessons and there is often a strong sense of enjoyment.
- Ofsted 2014