Resilience & Outdoor Nurture Instructor/Teacher (Secondary)
Resilience & Outdoor Instructor/Teacher
UQT 1-6 for Instructor
MPS 1-6, with an additional SEN allowance for Qualified Teachers
The SABDEN Multi Academy Trust, based across East Sussex, is an aspirational and supportive Trust, aiming to create a warm, caring, stable, supportive environment in which all staff and pupils feel safe. We are three special schools, a secure unit, a large countywide alternative provision, a vocational free school and one of five teaching schools within East Sussex. We strive to discover success through learning, self-belief and achievement. Pupils are empowered to take responsibility through a personalised curriculum supported by secure systems.
New Horizons, St Leonards-on-Sea, is seeking to appoint an innovative, enthusiastic and effective practitioner with empathy towards children with SEN.
• The school has a bespoke nurture group within each of the Key Stages - KS2, KS3 & KS4. This is a small group of up to 6 pupils with high levels of vulnerability, the pupils that access this provision are unable to manage in our already well supported main class year groups. The pupils need a highly structured environment at all times with very little wriggle room.
• We require a practitioner who understands how to differentiate the curriculum according to the needs of this very vulnerable group – the core curriculum operates in the morning only.
• Afternoons are dedicated to a “Resilience Curriculum” which incorporates an outdoor learning approach. We have opportunities for Sporting Activities, Beach Schools, Forest Schools and the John Muir Award – all outside and some offsite! Activities can lean to your own strengths and experiences.
If you are someone who:
• Enjoys working outside of the classroom environment –
Outdoor activities/Sport/Forest Schools/Beach Schools
• Understands the benefits of a physical style curriculum for vulnerable, hard to reach children.
• Is TA, Instructor or Teacher who is ready to manage a highly structured curriculum for a small vulnerable group.
• Can effectively manage pupils in the classroom and outdoors in a range of contexts.
• Would like to secure a range of coaching qualifications and outdoor skills as part of your personal CPD.
You will need to be:
• Have experience of planning, delivering and assessing the national curriculum
• Someone who understands how to differentiate the curriculum effectively for a range of learning abilities & needs
• A highly skilled communicator
• Have a proven track record managing complex pupils
• Someone who can Inspire and Motivate pupils
• Someone who can analytically think and make rational decisions in a crisis
• Someone who can Follow the School structure, policies and procedures with the highest level of consistency
We welcome visits to our school (during term time) and if you would like to see us or have an informal telephone discussion prior to submitting an application, please contact Simone Hopkins, Principal, at email@example.com
The successful candidate will be joining a Trust and school that continues to be ambitious in its drive to improve outcomes for our pupils. You will join a highly dedicated and professional staff team and be part of a supportive working and learning environment, where your professional development is highly valued. The SABDEN Multi Academy Trust are also committed to professional development and have strong induction, ECT and unqualified teacher programmes.
For an application pack, please visit the document section at the bottom of this page to download the job description, application form and candidate pack.
Closing date for completed applications is by midday, Tuesday 12th October 2021
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews are planned to be held W/C 18th October 2021
For further information about New Horizons School please visit the school's profile page by clicking here.
The school has a proven commitment to 'Equality of Opportunity' and actively promotes the welfare and safeguarding of young people. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Debarring Service (DBS).
|NHS Resilience Outdoor Nurture Teacher I...||24th Sep 2021||Download|
|SABDEN Teacher Application Form||18th Sep 2020||Download|
|SABDEN Candidate Information Pack 2021||26th Jun 2020||Download|