Specialist Leaders of Education
SABDEN Specialst Leaders of Eduction (SLEs) are outstanding middle and senior leaders. They have the capacity, skills and commitment to support your leadership practises.
SABEN SLEs will become your 'system leaders', supporting your team through high level coaching. This may involve a wide variety of support approaches, including diagnostic models and one-to-one or facilitated group support.
For more information on how we can drive improvements in your school, please contact us
Becoming an SLE
To become a Specialist Leader of Education, you need to have been in a leadership role below the Headteacher for at least two years. Your Headteacher will be asked to confirm that you are in an appropriate role. Higher level Teaching Assistants are not eligible to apply.
You can be from any type or phase of school.
You do not need to be in an outstanding school or a school that is part of a teaching school alliance, as long as your school has the capacity to release you to work in other schools. You must have at least one specialism from our areas of expertise, which are based on the four areas of focus for Ofsted. (Leadership and Management, Pupil Achievement, Quality of Teaching, Behaviour and Safety)
To be successful in your application, you should have:
- a successful track record of working effectively within your own school and/or across a group of schools, or working with a range of leaders within a single school
- evidence of successfully using coaching and/or facilitation skills to bring about sustainable improvements
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- an understanding of what constitutes ‘outstanding’ in your field of expertise and the ability and confidence to communicate this
- an understanding of how your specialism and skills can contribute to wider school improvement goals
- an analytical approach in identifying and prioritising needs
- the ability to set and establish new and innovative working practices
- the ability to grow leadership capacity in others
You can also provide supporting evidence gained from completing leadership development opportunities such as:
- the National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership
- the National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership
- the SSAT lead practitioner accreditation
There is no cost to apply. Successful applicants will be entitled to some training at no cost to their school. However, the school will have to pay for associated travel or supply cover for the training.
For more information click here
SLE Recruitment 2017/18
We are recruiting for the following subjects during September 2017:
- Maths at all key stages
- Leadership and Management
If you have strengths in other areas, we would still welcome an application from you.
Dates for the next application round for SABDEN Teaching School Alliance:
|Deadline for applications||
8th September 2017
|Short listing||13th September 2017|
|Joint assessment day||27th September 2017||Buxted Park Hotel|
Click here to apply to be an SLE with The SABDEN Teaching School Alliance