At St Mary’s we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children.
If you have a safeguarding concern about a child, please speak to our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Ali Benson in the first instance or any of our Deputy DSL’s (DDSL) by calling the school number or emailing firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, if you are concerned about a child in East Sussex, please call the Single Point of Advice (SPOA) on 01323 464222
Our safeguarding team are:
Ali Benson-Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Anandi Dimon-Deputy DSL
Steve Sarsons-Deputy DSL
Paul Murphy-Deputy DSL
Children at St Mary’s School use the Internet on a regular basis as part of their learning. In school, we have regular 'e-safety' activities to remind children of the importance of keeping themselves safe online.
Online safety resources
- CEOP https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
- BBC WebWise - BBC website that provides useful information for parents on parental controls.
- Vodafone Parents - Vodafone have lots of fantastic practical advice for parents.
- Internet Safety Zone - Look in the 'Under 13s' section for useful safety advice and information.
- Kidsmart - An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know IT All - lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet.
- Bullying UK - Information and advice about bullying for children, parents and schools.
- Kidscape - An organisation which helps to prevent bullying and child abuse.
- Childline - ChildLine is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK.